November 2, 2009

Eldrad on the Runway

Hello hello. This is something I wanted to post once finished, but I'm too eager to share. Eldrad, the Farseer of Farseers is one of my favorite characters in the fluff of 40k. And even though he's not alive; one of my favorite models to field. To this, I felt I owed the model something special before I even ordered it. I really couldn't figure out what I wanted to do, exactly, until I got him on order from my local Table Top store.

Now, like you, I typically hate those damn pewter models with all the "silly string" left on them that I have to clip and shave off.


But this model had an over abundance of it, and this got me to thinking (before I clipped anything off, thank god.) Here is what a Farseer looks like in our current codex:


Notice the lightning? Notice the electricity? Seeing that? Huh? Huh?

BAM! KERPOW! KERSPLODEE!



Part of me wants to sell this thing off so it can be painted by someone who doesn't have the art skills of a blind 7 year old with the shakes. But, it's hard for me to ever sell anything when it comes to 40k. Either way, I thought this was a neat idea that could be duplicated.

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty clever there. It could fetch a pretty penny on ebay if the right people see it. You could always put it up with a minimum bid equal to the retail cost of the model--that way you stand to break even...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose. If I was to sell it, I'd want it to go to someone who would paint it really nice and send me a pic of it, though. =P

    ReplyDelete