July 7, 2011

Shout Out: Mr. Lemon Tres

Hello again. Posts have been scarce lately, and for that I apologize. It's summer time, and with that comes busy schedules of pool parties, outdoor recreation, boating, BBQs and puking your guts out from food poisoning via said BBQs. With all of this going on, I've barely had time to work on anything tabletop related and I'm currently down to one game of 40k a week. Sad, I know. I'm chalking this all up to being busy, but I'll be honest, a fair portion is from being easily distracted by shiny things. Fortunately for me, Mr. Lemon is still at it and is immune to the distraction of shiny things! Below are some peeks at his work on my AdMech as of late.

Below is the Tech-Priest Transmechanic. Even though this guy was cast in the early stages of my casting abilities, Mr. Leman still managed to make this guy look swizeet! Be sure to click the images to get a closer look. It's hard to tell with the shadow from the lightbox, but this guy's face is full-mech. No fleshy parts to "speak" of... The jokes get better, I promise.

Next up, one of my favorite HQ options; rules and model-wise. The Rune Priest's Rune Armour has the pre-heresy kind of look I was wanting and her Staff of Office is complete with lightning effects on the tip:

Third in line is a model that is always catching attention at the LFGS, the Cult Abomination. This guy took a lot of work, not only for me converting it, but Mr. Lemon having to get all of those nooks and crannies taken care of. This little fearsome creature turned out absolutely perfect and I suggest clicking on the pictures for a closer look:

Next we have the Divexo Beacon. These power sources for the Mechanicus occupy most Forgeworlds and thus is decorated in the AdMech red with their symbol wonderfully painted on the side to please the Machine Spirits within:

Last, but not least, we have the Termite Tunneler. While Mr. Lemon informed me this paint job was cake, it looks so well done I would have imagined it as painstaking. With his beautiful paint job, I double coated this thing in Quickshade Dark Tone to give it a super grimy look that Mr. Lemon and I both agree turned out spot-on:

That's all for now ladies and gents. With AdMech on the brain, I'd like to let all you patient (and even those pestering me on a regular basis) fans know that the next version of the fandex is on its way. So many changes being done behind the scenes it's truly frustrating for me to have to wait to put it out. But, unlike EA or Activision, I believe that a finished product is better than a speedy product. I'm still not giving a time frame (and probably never will based on past experiences,) but I assure you those involved are putting the finishing touches on this rulebook, playtesting is nearing an end and we should have some happy AdMech players soon.

Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. I might need to mail some kisses Mr. Lemon's way. That Cult Abomination is wickedly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow kisses. Lantz won't even give me hugs. . . or be in the same room with me . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's because you smell of paint fumes and shame. Mostly shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That termite tunneler is awesome, me an mah orkz want to loot it and use it to dakka dakka (also to deepstrike lol)

    ReplyDelete